firstname.lastname@example.org Direct Line:617.778.9123
Will is a NBP founder and an adept trial lawyer with two decades of experience in complex litigation. Will works on business conflicts spanning virtually every industry, real estate development disputes, trust and estate matters and intricate financial litigation. Will represents corporate and individual victims of major Ponzi schemes and other major frauds. Will’s philosophy is to laser focus on the core facts that lead to a successful result, and to spurn the ad hominems and attorney battles that escalate client costs and provide zero case value.
- Lead counsel in a series of litigations surrounding the eight figure theft of funds ear-marked for a pre-IPO stock transaction.
- Lead counsel to a prominent Massachusetts family office, prosecuting multiple actions against parties culpable for the theft of $58 million in trust funds, towards a fulsome recovery.
- Served as a Special Assistant Attorney General defending the Commonwealth in multiple cases concerning the recently enacted Medical Marijuana law.
- Prosecuted multiple actions for 60 victims of a Miami-based $1 billion Ponzi scheme, towards nearly a 100% gross recovery.
- Uncovered through litigation the identity of a cyber-attacker posting anonymous confidential corporate information online.
- Lead counsel for scores of New England based companies in litigation and arbitration.
- Advocated for international clients with United States interests, including those from Taiwan, Israel, Argentina, Great Britain, Switzerland, and the Czech Republic.
- Represented one of two co-trustees locked in a battle over control of $20 million in trust assets, exacerbated by a deeply divided cadre of beneficiaries.
- Defended an ATP professional in the first proceeding brought by the Integrity Unit to investigate gambling allegations.
- Initiated a derivative action to re-allocate of over $290 million in sale proceeds as between two competing groups of investment funds.
- Tried the first case of a top professional athlete the world’s former Number 3 ranked tennis player claiming that a supplement manufacturer was responsible for a positive steroid test caused by its contaminated product.
- Served as counsel to a Czech Republic publicly traded company, in a Federal Court District of Massachusetts jury trial involving competing claims of intentional interference with contractual relations, as reported by the Wall Street Journal.
- Successfully prosecuted claims in Massachusetts state court on behalf of a Cambridge-based health care company for breach of contract and violation of the Massachusetts unfair business statute, culminating in a substantial jury verdict.
- Represented an international entertainment company in a series of complex work-outs, including litigation, to restructure or terminate leasehold interests, resulting in a corporate savings of over $15 million.
- Twice won one of the five largest jury verdicts in Massachusetts, as recognized by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly. In 2002, Will was trial counsel for three of five plaintiffs in the action Gail Cahaly et al v. Benistar Property Exchange, et al. The four-week trial resulted in a $9.2 million unanimous jury verdict in which Merrill Lynch was found liable for aiding and abetting one of its clients in a Ponzi scheme. In 2003, Will served as lead trial counsel in Brewster Wallcoverings v. Blue Mountain Wallcoverings, where the jury returned a verdict of $6.4 million for breach of contract and fraud resulting from the defendant’s bad faith repudiation of a distribution agreement.
Will is a 1988 cum laude graduate of Boston University and a 1991 cum laude graduate of Syracuse University College of Law. He started his practice at Brown Rudnick LLP, before joining Kirkpatrick & Lockhart (now K&L Gates).
Will regularly appears, and has tried cases in, the Business Litigation Court, a specialized Massachusetts state court that focuses on corporate cases. He is admitted to appear or has appeared in Delaware Supreme Court, In the Circuit Court of the 17th Judicial Circuit, Broward County, FL, New Jersey Superior Court, USDC- CA for the Central District, USDC-MA, First Circuit Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, the Massachusetts court, the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, and the First Circuit Court of Appeals. Will is also a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association and the Boston Bar Association.