email@example.com Direct Line:617.778.9141
John is an associate at NBP and represents clients in a wide variety of litigation matters, including commercial litigation, general business and contract disputes, and appellate litigation. John began his career as an Assistant District Attorney with the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office, where he focused primarily on appellate work. After serving as a law clerk to the Honorable Robert Cordy of the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts, John practiced at Mintz Levin for five years, with a focus on general litigation matters.
- After a two-week trial, overturned a $1.4 million jury verdict against his client for violations of Chapter 93A through post-judgment briefing.
- Successfully represented majority shareholder in a massive, “bet the company” litigation in Delaware Chancery Court, which ultimately resulted in the removal of minority shareholders.
- After a three-year process, obtained a jury verdict in his client’s favor ordering the repayment of a loan, with interest, pursuant to his client’s unwritten terms.
- Has filed over a dozen briefs and other appellate filings in the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court and Appeals Court, and has argued before the Appeals Court eight times.
- Successfully obtained a guilty verdict on a second-degree murder charge while serving as a prosecutor with the Suffolk County DA’s Office.
John graduated cum laude from Suffolk University in 2007 and summa cum laude from Suffolk University School of Law in 2012. He was the recipient of the Distinguished Best Brief and Distinguished Best Oral Argument awards in his Legal Practice Studies course. He served as a law clerk for the Honorable Robert Cordy of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court in 2013, and practiced in the litigation department at Mintz Levin from 2014 to 2019.
John has been admitted to practice law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts.