firstname.lastname@example.org Direct Line:617-778-9141
Jacqueline has over 25 years of complex commercial litigation experience. She concentrates her practice in business and corporate litigation, government investigations, securities and financial services litigation, real estate disputes, professional negligence, and employment matters. Jacqueline has also served as counsel to numerous business start-ups. Over the course of her career, Jacqueline has tried more than 60 jury and bench trials. She served for over five years as an Assistant Attorney General prosecuting unfair and deceptive business practice cases, including matters involving financial fraud, banking, corporate, real estate, advertising, and non-profit organizations.
Prior to joining NBP, Jacqueline was a partner at a large Boston-based law firm and was a senior litigation associate at Goodwin, a global law firm, where she practiced for over a decade. Jacqueline also managed a legal consulting firm in Asia where she honed her client-centered perspective to the practice of law. Earlier in her career, she served as a Special Assistant District Attorney. Jacqueline clerked for the Hon. Gilbert S. Merritt of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
- Lead counsel in defense of numerous high-stakes state and federal investigations including cases involving alleged unfair business practices, medical billing and marketing, labor issues, and numerous others, securing favorable resolutions for clients.
- Defended real estate-related entities in defense of multi-million-dollar liability claims in two-week jury trial involving highly technical engineering and property issues.
- Trial counsel defending highly specialized physician in jury trial resulting in complete defense verdict.
- Trial counsel defending claims of employment discrimination and violations of Massachusetts Wage Act, resulting in favorable defense verdict.
- Lead trial counsel for party in consolidated trial involving multi-unit real estate development project in Boston achieving favorable client outcome.
- After trial in U.S. Bankruptcy Court, won favorable decision denying debtor’s request for a discharge.
- Negotiated and structured eight-figure settlement involving numerous national banks in alleged predatory lending scheme.
- Successfully defended accounting malpractice claims brought against firm in connection with numerous real estate development LLCs.
- Successfully defended financial advisor negligence claims brought against firm in connection with sales of annuities.
- Defended numerous attorneys in various professional negligence cases in legal areas such as real estate, business law, tax, corporate formation and others.
Jacqueline is a graduate of Georgetown University Law Center, cum laude, where she was Articles Editor for the Journal of Legal Ethics, a Criminal Justice Clinic student-prosecutor for the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the E. District of Virginia, and coached Moot Court. She received an M.A. (Am. Legal History) and B.A. from the University of Virginia.
Jacqueline is a member of the Public Law Section Council (Publications Liaison) of the Massachusetts Bar Association and a member of the Women in the Courtroom and Senior Practice Group Committees of the Women’s Bar Association. She is admitted to the courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
Jacqueline previously served as an elected Member of the Select Board (formerly Board of Selectman) for the Town of Winchester, MA from 2018 through 2021. Her experience included Town Meeting presentations, Requests for Proposals for real estate projects, and contract and labor union negotiations. Jacqueline also served as an elected Member of the Planning Board (former Chair) for Winchester from 2014 through 2017.