[email protected] Direct Line:617.778.9119
Deb has over twelve years of experience representing clients in a wide range of business litigation matters in state and federal court. Prior to joining NBP, Deb practiced at Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge, where she focused her practice on complex commercial and intellectual property litigation. Deb also has significant probate litigation experience, advising fiduciaries and finding practical solutions to contentious disputes. Deb was also a Special Assistant District Attorney and prosecuted a variety of criminal matters in Middlesex County.
- Second-chaired seven-day jury trial in the Business Litigation Session on behalf of accounting firm’s seven-figure breach of contract claim against former employee who allegedly helped mentees steal client business; and pursued summary judgment against group of former employees in related action for breach of non-competition agreement
- Defended insurance brokerage firm against claims of fraudulent inducement, negligent misrepresentation, and civil conspiracy involving life insurance premium financing deal
- Defended trustee matriarch in Rhode Island Superior and Massachusetts Probate Court actions involving her children’s allegations of undue influence and lack of testamentary capacity
- Resolved contentious family dispute involving trustee son’s mishandling of mother’s estate after pursuing Complaint for Contempt against trustee
- Represented estate in federal, state and probate court actions involving allegations of fraud and conversion of over $3 million from state university system
- Member of the litigation team that defeated on summary judgment all claims of design patent infringement against national office supply retailer
- Defeated motion for preliminary injunction and won summary judgment and dismissal of all claims of trademark infringement and unfair competition on behalf of national pet supply retailer
Deb graduated from Boston College Law School in 2008. She won the Jurisprudence Award for contracts and criminal law at Suffolk University Law School and enjoyed serving clients at the BC Civil Clinic in Waltham. Deb also interned at the Victim Rights Law Center and Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office, Office of the General Counsel. She was named a Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star 2016-2017.
Deb is admitted to practice in Massachusetts and Rhode Island state and federal courts, as well as the Court of Appeals for the First and Federal Circuits.