firstname.lastname@example.org Direct Line:617.778.9127
Dana is an experienced trial attorney who handles a variety of cases involving contractual and partnership disputes, business torts, employment disputes (including discrimination and wage act claims and enforcement of confidentiality and non-competition agreements), trade secrets, unfair and deceptive trade practices, and personal injury. Dana strives to provide his clients with the highest level of service while helping them achieve their objectives in a targeted and cost efficient manner.
- Obtained a federal injunction preventing infringement on his client’s trademark as well as a significant settlement covering past infringement.
- Tried a complex business dispute concerning the development and commercialization of an automated pizza vending machine. After a two-week jury trial, the jury returned a million dollar verdict.
- Tried a complex contract action involving four clinical studies for FDA approval of a contrast agent used in MRI technology. Following a week long trial, Dana obtained a significant jury award as well as double damages and attorneys’ fees under the Massachusetts unfair and deceptive trade practices statute.
- Tried a real estate investment dispute in which the jury awarded over a million dollars in actual and punitive damages.
- Tried personal injury claims and obtained significant jury verdicts and seven figure settlements.
- Handled a variety of FINRA and AAA arbitrations and obtained significant awards, including double damages and attorney’s fees.
- Obtained significant recoveries for Investment Banking Firms and Sales Representatives seeking to recover unpaid commissions and fees.
- Served as counsel to the MBTA and commuter rail in connection with the 2008 collision between a runaway freight car and a six-car commuter train in Canton, Massachusetts.
- Successfully defended verdicts on appeal, including a 2015 affirmance by the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court involving issues of federal preemption.
- Prosecuted the first case of a top professional athlete the world’s former Number 3 ranked tennis player claiming that a supplement manufacturer was responsible for a positive steroid test caused by its contaminated product.
Dana has been elected to the American Board of Trial Advocates. He has a preeminent AV rating from Martindale Hubbell and has been named as one of Massachusetts Rising Star Super Lawyers in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 by Law & Politics and Boston Magazine.
Dana graduated cum laude from Boston College Law School in 1998, and served as a member of the Boston College Law Review. Dana also graduated cum laude from Tufts University in 1995.
Prior to joining NBP in 2004, Dana practiced for six years in the litigation department at Goodwin Procter LLP.
Dana is admitted to the bars of Massachusetts and the District of Columbia. He is also admitted to the First Circuit Court of Appeals, the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
Dana has served as a faculty member and chairman for several Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education seminars on trial tactics, damages, and discovery strategy. He is also a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association and the Boston Bar Association.