[email protected] Direct Line:617.778.9137
Chad’s national litigation practice includes representing clients in large, multi-party commercial disputes, construction (including architects and engineers) and real estate cases, product liability matters, and defense of catastrophic personal injury actions.
Before moving to Boston, Chad practiced at a boutique litigation firm in Birmingham, Alabama where he obtained ten defense verdicts in ten jury trials. Chad also gained invaluable experience working for the Honorable David Proctor, United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama where he authored opinions and gained knowledge on matters relating to the Family Medical Leave Act and Employment Retirement Income Security Act.
- Served as co-counsel in a month long trial in the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts involving an international manufacturer who sought more than $13,000,000 in damages.
- After trial, obtained a defense verdict in a complex personal injury matter.
- Obtained a judgment on the pleadings against an architect that was alleged to have provided faulty designs and specifications in a significant development project in Vermont.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a non-profit housing developer that was alleged to have interfered with the general contractor’s business relationships.
- After a trial, successfully obtained a defense verdict for a national surety company who was alleged to have violated bond terms.
Chad is a 2009 graduate of the University of Alabama School of Law. While in law school, Chad was a member of the Bench and Bar Honor Society, a member of the Trial Advocacy Team, a member of the Criminal Law Clinic and the President of the Environmental Law Society. He was also a senior editor for the Law & Psychology Law Review.
Chad is admitted to practice in the Courts in Massachusetts and the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts. Chad has also handled cases in California, Illinois, New York, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
Named one of the Massachusetts’ “10 Best Under 40 Personal Injury Attorneys,” by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2019
Recognized on the Rising Star list by New England Super Lawyers Magazine, 2016 – 2019. This award is reserved for the top 2.5% of all lawyers.
“Defending Asbestos, Mold, and Other Environmental Claims,” ServPro Offices, Lawrence, Massachusetts, March 7, 2019
Panelist, “Premise Liability: Strategies and Recent Developments,” Boston Bar Association, Boston, Massachusetts, March 6, 2019
Co-author, “Ethical Issues for the Investigation of Employee Dishonesty Claims,” White Paper, presented at ABA 2017 Fidelity & Surety Law Committee Meeting, Boston, Massachusetts, November 9, 2017
“Is the Suit Limitation Provision in Your Little Miller Act a Statute of Repose?” Surety Claims Institute Newsletter, Vol. 29, May 2016
“States, Statutes, and Fraud: A Study of Emerging State Efforts to Combat White Collar Crime,” 31 Cardozo L. Rev. 1523.